Thursday, February 2, 2012

Words



Words are powerful.
They can build a person up or they can tear a person down. 

Words are powerful.
They can create a change for the better or they can keep one complacent.

Words are powerful
They can bring joy or they can bring sadness.

What words are you choosing to use...with yourself, with your family, friends? 

Take a moment to view short video that illustates the power of words.

By simply using "different words," we can make immeasurable differences in our own lives and the lives of those we love (can you imagine if you changed the words you used and the TONE?).

This year I will be trying to use different words that convey the same meaning, especially with my children.

Instead of my requests turning into nagging, I hope they will build confidence and a desire to complete the tasks at hand.

For example

My normal request:

"I need you to empty the dishwasher!"

My new approach using different words:

"You are so wonderful at emptying the dishwasher! I can always count on you putting everything in its proper place while being so careful!"  Will you please work your magic and empty it for me?"

It doesn't take much "changing" to see change.

No comments: