Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Too Long...


(here is a picture of my oldest...and dang funny brother Mike, his wife Nikki and Garth and I)

I asked Ethan today how long it had been since he had been with all of his siblings.  He thought a moment and replied, "a few hours."

I then asked him how long he thought it had been since I had been with all of my siblings.  He didn't have an answer so I told him the sad news....

...over 20 years!

It is true.  Living on the east coast (and a brother in Alaska, one in Spokane and two in Utah), having babies, losing jobs, getting jobs, lack of funds, etc...has meant 20 years of being apart from my amazing brothers and sister.  I have seen them on separate occasions but sadly, it has been too many years since we have all been together!

But that will all change this weekend when we will all come together to celebrate my mother's 70th birthday.  This will be a gift for each of us!

I can't wait to see you all.

(by the way...I had better not hear "naughty nails" from any of you)

No comments: