Friday, April 6, 2012

No Funny, When No Runny


Being the obsessed working out person that I am, I felt two days off from running was MORE than enough to heal my rear end. The pain had subsided quite a bit, I had iced, taken plenty of Aleve and refrained from running.

So this morning I decided it was time to see how running would feel.  I met up with Vanessa and Linda at the Battlefield for an easy 5 miles.  Wishful thinking turned into immediate pain as I ran a mere half mile, no make that waddled slowly along, before I knew this wasn't going to work. I sent them off to finish their run (jealous) and I walked back to the car, my tail between my legs, wondering what the heck I was going to do.

I mean, there is no way I can reach out to my friends, the community and say, "Hey! Is there anyone out there who broke their butt 11 days before a marathon?! And if so, were you able to run it pain free?"

Nope. Most people that have broken their tailbone (or bruised it) aren't planning on running 26.2 miles a few days later.

I trained! I ran so many miles to get ready for this blasted race.  I have no one to blame (not even the horse) but myself.

But, I am not giving up hope yet. I have made an appointment with my doctor today to see what he thinks. Who knows, maybe he has broken his butt and ran....

I figure I need to find out if I did indeed break the thing and go from there. The good news is that it doesn't really impede my daily activities (unless you count running as one of those...which it is). It is just the "running" that is the issue.

It really isn't funny...when there is no runny.

No comments: