Wednesday, April 4, 2012

King Tutt Broke My Butt

King Tutt (horse pictured above), is a sweet natured fellow, who is patient and understanding of complete idiots, like me, that hop on his back in an attempt to "ride a horse."  His owner, my friend Ginger, was kind enough to give me a little horse knowledge, from feeding to boarding and brushing to riding.  After spending some time with the horses, we saddled up King Tutt and I hopped aboard.

After a few minutes of walking around the paddock, we started a little trot. Having a swell time, the trotting continued until...

I felt the saddle shift to the side of the horse. Being a novice, and in a whirlwind of events, I toppled to the ground, falling 3 or 4 feet directly onto my butt. As I lay there looking up at the horses (I think they were actually snickering) and my worried friend, my first thought was, "Oh no, will I be able to run my marathon in less than two weeks!?"  Severe pain invaded my behind and I was grateful my back was completely pain free. But I couldn't shake the fear that I may not be able to run! After a few minutes, I was able to get up and waddle back to the stable.  Ginger was worried but I reassured her that I was totally fine, just had bruised my behind.

After carrying a brave face for my teacher and little boys (thankfully they didn't see their doofus mom fall), I made my way home...in pain, shedding only a few tears.

I quickly popped some Advil, grabbed an ice pack and attempted to find a comfortable position in bed.  I hit the web, looking for information on broken tailbones and what should be done if one had such a lovely problem.

I quickly found out, that a trip to the ER wasn't necessary.  Ice, rest and Advil was the best remedy for an injury like mine.

So after attempting to "thrill" up my boring week, I actually made it worse, finding myself stuck in bed, now in pain, watching a month's worth of Celebrity Apprentice and wondering if I will be able to run tomorrow.

So the results are in, I don't like horses (not sure if they like me...most likely they think I am a complete idiot).

Yee Haw!

1 comment:

ouradventures said...

you know what they say....try try again.I had a broken tail bone last summer when I was on my brother-in-law boat when we hit a wave and I went up in the air and hit hard on the boat....the rest is history.
I hope you get better soon.