Sunday, July 13, 2008

My First 50 Miler...

...and not my last. I went out with some of my runner/biking pals on Saturday to The Plains for a 50 miler ride. The furthest I had attempted had been a 26 miler. I was a bit nervous (probably due to the fact that 3 of these people pictured below are doing an Ironman next week: 2 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 run) about jumping up in mileage so quickly, but I knew I was in kind hands and no one would leave me behind...at least not for too long or until we came to a fork in the road. It was a tough ride going over the rolling hills of Bull Run Mountain but tough in my book is good. I hope someday to be able to get my own bike, but for now, I will use that as my excuse...I need a few of those right now.


Look at our cool shirts! Frank, on left, put these together.
New mph record for me on a downhill...35.4 mph. Check out my cool helment and gloves.
The final few miles and the only time we were really all together. I was usually huffing and puffing it up the hills or too scared to go too fast down.
I can't wait to head up to Alaska for my master class on biking from my brother Matt and now "super biker chic that beats most men in the field" sis-n-law, Tiffanie. I have to do all I can to get myself at least in shape enough to keep them in site.

No comments: