Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hernia Friend

I have had a little Hernia friend the past year. She would come and go every so often, making more frequent visits after my long Saturday runs. I knew I wouldn't be able to train if I had surgery on my friend, so I put it off. Well, next week, we shall bid a fond farewell to Hernia. We hope Hernia had a nice stay and will find happiness where it belongs. I asked the doctor if I should stay in bed for at least 3 or 4 days after surgery, maybe avoiding tasks such as dishes, picking up clutter, making meals...he laughed. Thanks a lot Hernia Friend. The least you could have done was to give me an excuse to stay in bed and do nothing...

Now I hope Broken Foot Friend will go away too. He isn't cooperating and insists on remaining fractured. Good for nothing tiny little crack!

No comments: