Sunday, July 31, 2022

Tate-MTC week 7

 Nyob Zoo Nej!!!! 


This was my last week at the MTC. I leave on Tuesday August 2, 2022 at 3:45 A.M. This week felt so quick. I'm getting tons of mixed feelings about leaving, obviously I am sick of the MTC but I'll be teaching people soon which is so weird to me.

This week:

MONDAY: On Monday I was walking to breakfast and I saw a snail on the sidewalk so I took some pics. That snail was lit. I feel like we were friends in the premortal life. Also I got a new film for Barrel Stigma, it'll premier May 30, 2024. That's all my manager told me I could say. Oh yeah I got a horrible haircut. It's so bad. I look like Eminem or Logic, in a bad way. Lot's of my friends were leaving this week.

TUESDAY: We had this service thing where we cleaned someone's building. In the building I found the most putrid thing. It was a mega stuffed oreo. I'm sorry but if you like mega stuffed oreos you're unearthly. Only single stuffed but I can tolerate double stuffed. Like if you really desire that much oreo cream just do it yourself. There's more oreo cream than cookie in mega-stuffed. It makes me sick to my stomach that people like that. Anyway, I'm still grinding the Hmong and it's pretty good. Nothing compared to actual speakers, but it's ight. After service we did a haka for the tahitian district. In the video I'm the closest one. It was sad to see them go. They've been with us since week 2, so for 5 weeks. One of them can't go on a mission because they had to get surgery. I feel so bad for him because he learned French then Tahitian in french. At the end of the day there was a devotional. It was about being instruments in God's hands. Then he showed us all of these cool book of mormon props.

WEDNESDAY: Tuesday night Elder Plate fell asleep and started snoring so I recorded it. It was so loud, at least 100 decibels. I had some good competition in ping pong but they all left. Shout out to Elder Child, Sister Allen, Mr. Timu, and Sister Smith. Oh yeah don't worry I know why you're really reading this email. You wanna hear about the checkers match me and winitana are having. So it 3-2, me in the lead with 4 stalemates. We were playing a world series so best of seven. Everyone knows that the person who hits three first has a 78% chance of winning the whole thing. But I didn't let that get to my head. So we began. It was pretty even until I made a fatal mistake. I moved my back row corner piece which set up a huge double jump for him and I wouldn't be able to attack back. So I did what any logical person would do-attack the other side. This futile attempt at saving my left side of my board unphased Elder Winitana. He calmly defended and continued attacking. I at least minimized the double jump to a single so that was good. Skip to the end he had four kings and 3 pieces while i only had 3 kings and 1 piece left. It was pretty hopeless but I actually managed to get into a position where he couldn't move his singles. So almost a stalemate. We kept shifting our pieces around for a while then I asked, "wanna call it a draw” and he almost laughed and confidently moved one of his kings towards mine. I then blocked the move then before i knew it I was cornered. Desperately clawing for my life I tried pushing back but I was outnumbered. Then suddenly he moved a piece and I could see light, there was hope. He had made a mistake that I could capitalize on. I double jumped two of his kings. Then I sealed the deal. 4-2 Elder Porter the Checkers Champion. Down 0-2 to 4-2.
During the day I told Elder Plate I recorded him snoring because it was loud and he was, " I don't really ever snore so I am surprised you heard me.” Then that night he hit 120 decibels, I swear. I had to put on noise cancelling headphones and I could still hear him. He was sawing logs fo sho.

THURSDAY: I don't really know what I did thursday. It was pretty boring. But I forgot to mention me and Hannah did the MTC stanky leg before she left. It was pretty lit. 

FRIDAY: Played some ping pong per usual. But also I got a picture with a random elder in our dorm. He's pretty chill. Also at lunch we saw this guy walking weird. Like super weird. It looked like a Jim Carrey act but idk. Also Elder Winitana brought lollies from New Zealand and they are so good. I'm not a gummy boy but their gummies are so good. 

Today: Tried sneaking into breakfast with normal clothes. To eat breakfast you have to be wearing church clothes. And me and Elder Winitana were not so we went to sneak in and this worker started to pursue us. She must of been an olympic speed walker because she was zooming. She was only looking at us and like running over anyone else in her way. I thought quickly and went straight for the food and picked up a donut and quickly scooped some eggs onto my plate. My thought process was if I was already eating she wouldn't be able to tell me to leave. So I shoved tons in my mouth and it actually worked but she caught Elder Winitana. The springs holding the beds in our rooms look like the ladders in Paper Mario. I miss that game.

Quote of the week: "Faith and doubt cannot exist in the same mind for one will dispel the other" 



Kuv nco nej!!!!!!


20220726_081736.jpg20220726_081725.jpg20220726_081736(0).jpg

No comments: