Sunday, July 31, 2022

Tate-MTC week 5

 Nyob Zoo!!!


This week was lit. On Sunday i gave a talk and me and elder winitana performed love at home. The talk topic was how i've seen God's love for us. I pretty much said i've seen God's love through other people like my family. Since God loves all of us and we are his children then we should love each other. 

Anyway iv'e been grinding hard in Hmong. I've been trying to learn coupletes. They're pretty much phrases that repeat a word twice to enhance the meaning. The title is an example of a couplet. A very common one is txuas leej txuas tus which means every single person. 

The devotional tuesday was cool, it was about to put your whole heart into everything you do. And a theme of loving others even your ideals are different. It was funny because my friend from the tahitian district had to give the prayer and he looked nervous and a got a picture. He looks like a roblox character.

I also played a good amount of piano that was fun. It's always nice to be able to have a break on the piano. All the days blend together now honestly. 

Dont worry, I'm still a beast at ping pong and have humbling lots of elders and sisters that thought they were the best. Maybe they were good in their family but their in the real world now. 

I miss watching movies so bad. The sound track, the character development, and the picture. I miss it all. One of my favourite kind of movies is slice of life movies. One of my favourite movies is, "Still Walking" everyone reading this that is not a missionary should watch it right now. Listen to the acoustic guitar score. It's too good. I wish i lived in this movie. I wanna go to japan. 

Quote of the week: "Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved." I've been working trying to think outwards more versus inwards for myself and it's hard at times but it makes me feel so much better when i help others before myself. It seems like your problems almost get solved on their own when you put others first.


I miss all of you, Kuv cia siab koj zoo tshaj plaws

Tub Txib Porter



 

No comments: