Sunday, July 31, 2022

Tate-MTC week 6

 Nyob Zoo nej! One more week then i'll be in the field. Kinda scary but exciting. 


This week was so fast but the days were very long. Sunday was pretty usual. I'm always so hungry on sunday for no reason. Then there was a devotional but i don't really remember what is was about. Oh yeah, before the devotional, we went to go play ping pong but on sunday it's closed. Don't worry no one stops me from playing ping pong. So we were waiting there for a bit and then we saw a security guard walking out. He opened the door to exit and we both exchanged looks, when my eyes met his i could tell his exact thoughts. That one glance told me everything, "I'm not getting paid enough to stop you." So i caught the door before it shut. Then we played some ping pong. 

Monday: Not too uneventful. Elder Winitana's mum snuck us some Mcdonalds. It felt like elementary school where you would walk in late from a dentists appointment with some chick-fil-a in your hands and you were a celebrity. I have got to see my friend from college, Hannah Geary. Her last name is pronounced Guh-EAR EE. Her companion has a speech impediment. I didn't know this and i thought it was an accent for some reason. And i asked her where you from and she said Utah. I then pushed further because i was curious why she had an "accent" and i then asked Why the accent. And she said oh i cant say my Ahs (R's). I felt pretty dumb after that. I hope she doesn't think i was trying to bully her.

Tuesday: Me and Elder Winitana began a checkers battle. I'm not the biggest fan of checkers because i prefer chess but i agreed anyway. First game i could tell he knew what he was doing. When he double jumped me, i was like ok play time is over. I doubled jumped him right back twice. In the end i was up 3 kings. He came back and won still. He's skilled but i wasn't about to give up but we didn't have time to play another game. 0-1 Elder Winitana. Then we had a devotional that night. It was about looking for a miracle everyday and writing it down. Then thank God and acknowledge him. So now i've been trying to do that but i'm not very good at it. Hopefully i can get better at it.

Wednesday: Back to the checker grind. I was thinking about it all the previous night. Anyone who knows me knows that once i'm obsessed with something you can't stop me. So we played again right after lunch. This time he completely crushed me, but not my spirit. In fact, when i lose it pumps me up. Since we had time for another I insisted and he gladly accepted. This time i was meticulous about every move. Then all the sudden i got a perfect plan to sacrifice a piece to break up his structure. Elder Winitana's Defense is impecable so i need to break it to make progress even if that means sacrificing a piece. After i did that it was like taking candy from a baby. Double jumps even a triple jump. Easy dub. Elder W, 2-1. Then we went to class. Also when i try speaking french now, only Hmong comes out so i'm losing the French. It's ok i'll just relearn french when i get back.

Thursday: Played some ping pong. I was playing with Elder Loughmiller and then someone was like play me now! This Elder was particular cocky so i was excited to humble him. We rallied for a bit then he was like, "alright lets start." I let him have the serve first and his serves weren't bad. As i scored points he always had a different excuse. He was like it's the paddle. Then he said, " The balls here are so light, and then was like lets switch sides" I offered if he wanted to use my paddle. He was like yeah. I still beat him 11-4 so def wasn't his paddle. He was honestly even less humble after so i guess i failed. Then other people who were watching were like, "were you raised by Monks???" It was funny.

Friday: I woke up late but also got to bed on time so idk why i was so tired. Maybe from playing ping pong. Today was the day i was gonna beat Elder Winitana in checkers. After lunch we went straight to the chess/checkers room and began. It was a really intense battle but i came out on top. Were pretty even. 2-2 with 3 draws. Then we played one more and I won again. 3-2 me now with 4 draws. Were not done playing and i can't let my guard down so lets see if i can keep the lead. Also I played people in ping pong using my phone as my  the paddle. I lost to Elder Winitana 7-11. Then i rematched him to 21 and it was really close. I won 21-19. 

That's pretty much it for this week. I'm really excited to leave to the field and start talking to Hmong people gospel stuff. Kuv nco txhua leej txhua tus.

Quote of the week: "Choose your Love, Love your choice"


Love this quote, it helps me to not doubt myself as much. I always tend to second guess myself.


Kuv hlub nej!!!







Tub Txib Porter

Pics: My companion falling asleep per usual in class

No comments: