Sunday, July 31, 2022

Tate Enters the MTC in Provo

 Nyob zoo Everybody,


This week has been a bit crazy because now it's in person MTC. So now our district (Elder Winitana, Elder Loughmiller and Elder Plate) are all sleeping in the same room. It's bunk beds. I am on bottom and Elder Winitana is top then the other two are on the other bunks. Elder Plate is very energetic and a little childish. He's starting to get on all of our nerves so were gonna have to talk to him. 

So we have a fridge in our room, because Elder Loughmiller has diabetes, and Elder Plate was complaining that it was hot. I was like maybe it is because we have a fridge and it pumps out hot air (that is how a fridge works). He was like "Dude, I worked in construction all my life fridges do not produce heat." So yeah that's him. Plus he's a little stinky.

Elder Winitana and I have been playing some early morning b-ball. That's been fun even though he's actually good and I Sam trash. He played on the BYU team so he's ‘Aight.” Also he's taught me some Maori, He taught me paru, which is stinky. You can prolly guess why we use it. We have been also practicing Hmong a lot. Oh yeah we played knockout and Winitana came in last and I came in second to last which means I can make it on the BYU bball team.

We had to teach our first lesson all in Hmong. It was awful. Plus Elder Winitana was laughing the whole time while Elder Loughmiller and I were trying to teach. So we were laughing too. So the title of this email means to regret. But we thought it meant sorry, so we kept saying that to the person we were teaching in Hmong.

 Elder Loughmiller is like super smart. He brought his 2nd place debate champion trophey. So he can argue pretty well. Good thing he's my companion. He usually tests out his argue skills on Elder Plate. 

Quote of the week: "Before you try to persuade someone,  you have to be genuine friends." 



I'm having a blast out here and can't wait to hear from my fans. 

Kuv hlub nej, 

Elder Porter






No comments: