Monday, July 23, 2012

Run For the Opened Door





Tomorrow I have to wake up at 5 am if I am to get my 12 mile run done before the temperature reaches 100.  And I HATE getting up before 7.

I have a piano workshop I am attending at 8:30 that runs through the morning and into the afternoon.

If I wait to run, then my choices dwindle to either running on a treadmill for 2 hours (NO!) or wait until the sun goes down (NO AND NO!).  If I do wait, who knows what will come up in the afternoon that may stop me from even stepping on that treadmill.  And if I wait until dark, a myriad of things will most definitely attempt to "block" my way.  Getting up at 5 am seems like the best choice. As much as I don't want to do it, I know I must simply run for this choice.

I know we all encounter choices each day.  And therein lies the beauty...we have a choice!

YAY for choices!

As choices are made, doors of opportunity begin to close.  As one door closes, others may open but the need to make it through that door still remains....

I am a firm believer that when, "When one door closes, another opens." Do you realize that there is more to that quote?  It continues, "but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us." -Alexander Graham Bell

You want to know what I do...

I RUN FOR THAT OPENED DOOR EVERY TIME!

And guess, what? I am rarely sitting around, looking at closed doors, waiting for another to open.

Truth is, there will be other doors that open.  The problem is, it may not be our door of choice....simply a way out.



No comments: