Spring break was sure fun last week.
The best part was our day trip to Busch Gardens amusement park. It was the only warmish day of the week. So everyone was there...
...I saw many of you!
I loved Busch Gardens!
Besides the masses of people (I am not crazy about crowds) we had a wonderful time. If you purchased a one day ticket, it gave you an automatic pass through September. Great investment for our huge family.
The greatest of greatest was the fact all seven of us could actually go on rides together! There have been many many years where Garth would wait on a bench with one or two smaller children while I took older kids. We would do the switch-r-roo never really able to all spend time together. There also used to be that huge stroller we had to maneuver around everyone. Ashton didn't mention it once. Ahhh! No more stinky diapers to change. Baby food. Finding a place to breast feed. Crying cranky nap deprived kids.
We did have a bit of the following in our new stage:
1. Sommer texting the whole time in line rather than chat with her cool mom.
2. Calvin giving me one word answers...even with a totally cool mom to hang out with.
3. Lovely sibling squabbling.
4. More sibling teasing leading to escalated screeching.
5. Lots of BIG adult-like eaters costing us a small fortune.
Nothing a little tweakin' can't cure!
Our favorite family ride was the Big Bad Wolf roller coaster. Even little Ashton was tall enough (thank goodness he is so tall for his age) and absolutely loved this ride!
It was a super day!